The Benefits of Nasya Oil
Nourish and moisturize your nasal passages to balance vata dryness
As the cool dry air of the late autumn starts to prepare us for the winter months, it’s important to help to balance vata (air and ether) in your body. We have all experienced that seasonal shift when we wake up one morning and suddenly have a stuffy nose. This is the experience of dryness in our sinuses. In Ayurveda, the nose is seen as the direct path to your mind, consciousness, and brain. By ensuring your nasal passages are clean, nourished, and moisturized, prana (life force) is able to freely flow through your body and mind so that health and peace are priorities. Nasya Oil is a herb infused nasal oil for your sinuses. It is used to nourish the nasal passages during travel, after neti pot use, and to support seasonal allergies and sinus discomfort.
Farmtrue has created a unique Nasya Oil blend that includes…
- Brahmi – This ancient Ayurvedic herb helps to boost brain function and strengthen memory.
- Calamus – Benefits of Calamus is known for its rejuvenating principles, mainly for the brain and nervous system.
- Ghee – Our organic grass-fed ghee provides hydration, protection, and nourishment for the skin allowing the benefits from the other herbs to absorb deep into your tissues.
- Eucalyptus – Often used in a steam inhalation to help clear nasal and sinus congestion, it also provides mental clarity and can alleviate headaches.
- Clary Sage – Considered to be a natural antimicrobial agent that can help in the fight against sinusitis caused by bacteria.
You can use Nasya Oil as often as you think your body could benefit from it. When traveling, especially by air, it helps to relieve dryness and irritation. During the dry, cold winter months, it helps to hydrate and nourish your nasal passages to keep you clear headed. Nasya Oil can also ease seasonal allergies and sinus discomfort. Some people enjoy application before sleep or yoga practice to help relax the mind with a blend of grounding oils and herbs such as Brahmi.
How do you use/apply Nasya Oil?
- Warm the Nasya Oil by placing the bottle in a cup of warm water.
- While warming, use a neti pot to clear out the sinus cavities. Gently blow after the rinse.
- Apply 10 drops of Farmtrue Nasya Oil in each nostril. Rub into your nostril.
- Take a strong sniff to ensure the oil reaches your nasal passages.
- TIP: If you start to experience oil dripping down the back of your throat, lay on the edge of a bed/couch and tilt your head back even further.
- Repeat on the other side.
Regardless of your dosha or the season, Nasya Oil is beneficial. Mental clarity is something that we can all benefit from, especially as the winter solstice is upon us. Nasya promotes easeful, deep breathing that clears passages, allowing prana to fully flow and aiding in relaxation, stress-relief, and release any blocked energy.