Farmtrue Tips for Restful Sleep
Slow down and Restore
Managing our energy consists of recognizing stressors in our life that can be depleting and incorporating a nourishing diet with time to slow down and restore with proper, restful sleep. According to Ayurveda and the 3 governing Pillars of Health, optimal sleeping habits are focused on getting the proper amount, not too much or too little. Sleep is essential for strong immunity and rejuvenating the body and mind. Too much sleep can cause us to feel lethargic and stagnant while lack of sleep makes us feel weak, anxious, and ungrounded.
Here are some tips for getting the appropriate amount of sleep:
- Plan to go to bed by or before 10pm and rise with the sun, aiming to get a restful 8 hours of sleep.
- Be sure to get the appropriate amount of physical activity throughout the day.
- Incorporate evening routines that create a calm sleep environment, such as aromatherapy, meditation, listening to calming music, and applying oils to your feet and scalp.
- Practice staring at a ghee flame, also known as trataka, to calm the mind before bed.
- Disconnect from work, electronics and TV a few hours before going to bed.
- Eat a lighter meal for dinner and allow 3 hours to digest before sleeping.
Meditation Ghee Candle
According to Ayurveda, a ghee flame is soothing to the eyes, promotes mental clarity, and enhances deep relaxation. Use this candle to practice candle gazing to calm the mind before bed.
Ghee can be used anywhere you might traditionally use olive oil or butter. Cook your eggs with ghee, saute veggies, spread on toast to help break down that hard to digest gluten, add a teaspoon to your coffee or tea to balance acidity and to protect your gut lining.
Golden Turmeric Superfuel Latte
Traditionally an Ayurvedic tonic, “golden milk” has been used for centuries to promote restful sleep, support the immune system, and combat inflammation in the body. It’s no secret we love golden milk, so naturally we had to make our own blend. Learn more about this powerhouse here.
Fall/Winter Body Oil
If you are feeling dry, ungrounded, anxious, our Fall Body oil is incredibly beneficial. The base oils used in this blend are warm, heavy, deeply hydrating, and nourishing and the herbs that we infuse into these oils are nourishing to the skin and calming to the mind.